The Harkin Institute is hiring an AmeriCorps VISTA member to work as a Special Projects Coordinator! The person who fills this year-long position will play a critical role in advancing The Harkin Institute’s outreach efforts on the Drake University campus, particularly among first generation students.
Position: AmeriCorps VISTA member
Title: Special Projects Coordinator
- Associates must be at least 18 years of age at the time of placement
- Associated must be a US citizens or lawful permanent resident
- Associates must serve on a full-time basis during the project period
- Associates must not be listed on the National Sex Offenders Public Registry
VISTA Overall Activities:
- The VISTA member will do outreach and help recruit students to apply to be employees of the institute and share professional development and event opportunities on campus.
- The VISTA member will do outreach and help recruit students to apply for scholarships, and attend educational events and lectures on campus.
Additional VISTA Activities:
- Community awareness and engagement
- Expand Community knowledge and support of The Harkin Institute
- Create and engage in community and campus outreach opportunities
- Develop plans and presentations
- Financial Resources
- Diversify funding stream
- Develop small donor fundraising plan
- Identify resources for fundraising
- Help plan ongoing fundraising opportunities
- Engage in participant recruitment for student employees, professional development opportunities, event attendees, and scholarship applicants.
- Develop outreach plan
- Ensure program’s relevancy
- Develop communication tools
- Program Development and delivery
- Expand and improve recruitment for student employees, professional development opportunities, event attendees, and scholarship applicants.
- Expand and improve The Harkin Institute Alumni program
- Expand those existing programs and events.